Finnessys offers a range of consulting services in financial modelling, spreadsheet development, systems accounting, governance and compliance. We develop customised solutions tailored to your specific requirements.
We design and develop spreadsheet applications to suit your needs. Our applications can include the use of VBA programming and database structures to create user friendly and robust models.
Examples of projects with our clients include :
- Development of strategic models for insurance recoveries
- Compliance reporting models for performance monitoring and reporting of investments to regulatory authorities
- Pricing models for calculation of product costing and pricing
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting models
- Insurance premium quotation calculators
We can also assist in:
- Auditing and documenting your existing spreadsheets
- Reviewing, rebuilding and enhancing your existing spreadsheets
- Providing customised training (either on a one to one or group basis) to give you the foundations to use Excel with confidence and build spreadsheets with clarity and accuracy.
Month End, Year End and Periodic Reports
We understand the pressure of getting management and financial reports completed on time. In many cases, data is loaded into report models from different sources and this data must be vetted or transformed to ensure it is up to date and in a suitable format.
As consulting systems and management accountants we understand financial and enterprise resource planning systems and the processes involved in extracting data from various sources and placing them into reporting models. We can assist your organisation in streamlining the processes of data extraction, cleansing, integration and report building. We aim to bring back clarity and simplicity to producing Month End and Periodic reports.
Financial Systems Implementation
We can assist you in the implementation of financial systems by carrying out the following roles
- Act as liaison between the Business Units and Information Technology department
- Analyse existing financial systems to identify issues and enhancements
- Chart of accounts redesign
- Financial and Management reports redesign
- Assist in software configuration
- Data extraction and conversion from the existing system and loading to the new system
- Process redesign and improvement
- Perform User Acceptance Testing
- Assist in User Documentation and User Training
Governance and Compliance
We design and implement specific governance, compliance and risk management plans, in association with our clients' resources, using proven methodology. The compliance and risk management plans would include corporate governance requirements, specific TPA, Taxation, Privacy, Employment & Anti Discrimination and Occupational Health & Safety, ASIC, Companies Act and APRA compliant policies and would meet Australian Standards. Recent clients in this field are finance, insurance and motoring organisations. If your organisation requires compliance reporting to internal and external stakeholders, we can assist you in setting up the compliance framework and reporting systems.
IT Audit & Business Continuity Planning
We also design and manage the implementation of detailed Business Continuity Plans for operational business units. Our IT Audit services include the setting up of an IT Audit Framework. The Framework is risk based and will guide you in carrying out audits of IT applications.